Mary Esther, FL
Mary Esther is a quaint city located between Fort Walton Beach and Navarre, with an Air Force Base on either side - Hurlburt Field, and Elgin Air Force Base. The city was one of the earliest settlements in the Panhandle, as Santa Rosa Sound was originally founded by Jesse Rogers in 1842. A minister named John Newton settled on the actual location in 1850, and named it Mary Esther, after his two daughters. The city incorporated in 1946. 4,400 residents now live in this 2.5 square-mile city. Mary Esther has a whopping TEN parks in this small town.